America’s History, Wilton’s Story
Since its establishment in 1938, the Wilton Historical Society has been committed to preserve Wilton’s history, and connect, engage and educate all who would look to the past to shape the future. The Society brings this mission to life by:
- Partnering with local schools to provide learning opportunities through field trips to the Society and classroom visits
- Offering a wide range of exciting, family-friendly events for the community to enjoy
- Facilitating a variety of programs for children, adults, and families that skillfully blend education and entertainment
- Preserving the objects and stories that form Wilton’s history
- Engaging with distinguished speakers and historians to create thought-provoking history-based programming
A collaborative organization that is fiscally sound, with an engaged board and membership, inspiring architectural preservation and historical literacy.
With a commitment to making Wilton’s past relevant to the community and to visitors, the Wilton Historical Society, founded in 1938, offers a broad variety of insightful exhibits, programs, and special events presented with historical accuracy and depth.