Volunteering for the Wilton Historical Society is the perfect opportunity to give back to your community and share your passion for local history. Volunteers play a vital role in fulfilling the Society’s efforts to recreate and preserve the past for visitors with opportunities for all ages, experiences, and capabilities.
Volunteers can bring their unique knowledge and creativity to help shape the Society’s future while also connecting with other volunteers learning new skills in a welcoming environment. Please review the volunteer application at the link below to learn more about the different volunteer roles available.
We look forward to having you!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE VOLUNTEER FORM
Volunteers contribute actively to the Society in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Docent – Lead a variety of guided tours throughout the Society’s historic buildings and grounds.
- Program Facilitator – Work with the Museum Educator to assist in running educational programs like Weekend Workshops for kids!
- Program Preparer – Help prepare and organize programs for children, adults and families.
- Document Transcriber – Creating digital transcriptions of handwritten historical materials from the Society’s collection.
- Train Show Operators – Operate model trains during the Great Trains Holiday Show.
- Train Show Builders & Engineers – Assemble and build the model train layouts using the Society’s collection of model train materials.
- High School Spring/ High School & College Summer Collections & Research Internship – Students in the internship program will work with Society staff to select a research topic and participate in museum work related to that topic, including artifact documentation and cataloging, research methods, and scholarly and public history writing.
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Form posted above, and if you have any specific questions please contact Jenna Garecht by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call at 203-762-7257. Kindly indicate type of opportunity that interests you.